There are different laws in Northern Ireland than the rest of the UK and you will need to be aware of these differences if you intend to travel with your firearm.
We have created a travel matrix that quickly shows you which documents are needed when travelling with your firearms through different jurisdictions.
Choose one of the topics below to get more detailed information on specific documentation and travel arrangements.
- Northern Ireland residents visiting Great Britain
- Great Britain residents visiting Northern Ireland
- Non-Great British residents visiting Northern Ireland
- European firearms pass
- Travel to Northern Ireland through Great Britain by air
- Travel to Northern Ireland through Great Britain by land
- Ferry companies and airlines
- Useful contacts
Our specially trained officers are here to help with your enquiries and you can contact the Firearms and Explosives Branch by email: email@example.com or call your local police on 0845 600 8000 for more information.