Adopt a Safe Working Routine
Whatever routine you use make sure you always do the following:
- Check that all entrance doors, windows and skylights are locked after working hours.
- Carry out a final building check before securing the premises to ensure that no-one is hidden in toilets or store rooms.
- Regularly check all security fixtures and fittings, such as locks, catches and bolts.
- Ensure that contract staff are supervised.
- Consider employing security personnel for evenings, weekends or during holidays.