CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) systems are an important security aspect for your business and can help us with your criminal investigation. However, in order to make sure that we have all the details it is important that you do the following:
- Change tapes daily.
- Use tapes no more than 12 times.
- Always keep recorded tapes for at least a month.
- Use good quality tapes and, if possible, check their standard through playback on another machine.
- Regularly check that your CCTV images are clear enough to identify people and vehicles.
- Check that the picture is covering the right area.
- Set the correct time and date on the recording equipment.
- Ensure there is enough light to record a clear image.
Ask your CCTV provider, security officer or Crime Prevention Officer to help you improve your system.