Secure Your Building
Some areas of your building security might require specific attention so it is worthwhile taking the time to look over your property.
- Clearly define the boundary of your premises so that visitors know they are entering private property. You can do this by using fences, walls, gates, landscaping and clear signage.
- Have one entrance or exit point, if possible, to minimise the opportunity for unauthorised access.
- Brief all staff regularly on your security procedures.
- Restrict roof access by removing vulnerable features such as low walls or roofs.
- Identify any features in your premises that could provide cover for intruders and remove or improve them. Examples include recessed doorways, concealed yards, landscaping and poorly lit areas.