In this section you can find statistical information on key topic areas within the Police Service of Northern Ireland.
The following statistics are published on this website on a regular basis. If any additional information is required, requests can be made by contacting us and will be considered on a case by case basis. We welcome feedback on our statistics. If you would like to comment on any of our statistics, receive notification of new publications or be kept informed of developments, then please forward your contact details and we will add you to our email list.
Select a category to view the statistical information you are interested in.
- Police Recorded Crime Statistics
- Anti-Social Behaviour Statistics
- Domestic Abuse Statistics
- Hate Motiviation Statistics
- Drug Seizure Statistics
- Road Traffic Collision Statistics
- Strength of Police Service Statistics
- Workforce Composition Figures
- Security Situation Statistics
- In-Year Performance Against Policing Plan
- Stop and Search Statistics
- Statistics on Police Use of Force
- Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) and Discretionary Disposal Statistics for Traffic offences
- Police and Criminal Evidence (PACE) Order Statistics
Statistics for the 2013/14 financial year were published at 9.30 am on Thursday 8 May 2014.
PSNI’s Statistics Branch recently conducted two consultation exercises:
- Consultation on a revised framework for recorded crime outcomes in Northern Ireland (PDF, 171.5 KB)
- Proposed changes to police recorded crime classifications and the presentation of crime statistics (PDF, 180.6 KB)
Both consultation periods ran from 10 December 2012 to 18 February 2013.
The Police Service of Northern Ireland is listed in The Official Statistics Order 2009 as a producer of official statistics and is therefore subject to the Statistics & Registration Act 2007.
- Further information on Official Statistics & PSNI
PSNI data on recorded crime, incidents and crimes with a domestic or hate motivation, anti-social behaviour and injury road traffic collisions are included in the Northern Ireland Neighbourhood Information Service (NINIS) website. Users of this website can access area profiles, interactive maps or can create their own map of the data.
Provisional management information drawn from police recorded crime and anti-social behaviour figures, published at street level each month, is available through the police crime mapping website.
If you have any comments about the presentation of the statistics on this webpage or would like to see additional statistics made available, then please email us with your comments.