Introducing a safe working routine can not only protect the individual but the business as a whole.
The most serious threat to your personal safety is complacency.
Don’t take unnecessary chances by putting yourself into vulnerable situations. If you apply some basic safety procedures in your daily routine you will benefit from being prepared for situations that might arise in both your working life and private life.
What can you do?
- Check that all entrance doors, windows and skylights are locked after working hours.
- Carry out a final building check before securing the premises to ensure that no-one is hidden in toilets or store rooms.
- Regularly check all security fixtures and fittings, such as locks, catches and bolts.
- Ensure that contract staff are supervised.
- Consider employing security personnel for evenings, weekends or during holidays.
- Install an approved alarm system and set the alarm when the building is vacant.
- You should have necessary procedures in place for any lone workers on the premises.