New changes have come into effect in relation to 1-on-1-off transactions for firearms.
A key aspect of the changes to the Firearms (NI) Order 2004 through the Justice (No.2) Act 2016 relates to the new Dealer Banded System.
- Enables FAC holder to exchange a rifle for a similar one under certain conditions
- Introduction of “One Off” transaction within dealer to allow for disposal or sale
- Reprint of FACs – Update and Duplicate or both Dealer and individual FAC holder
- Recognition of GB FACs for visitors to NI
- Certificate of approval only required now for GB visitor with a lower powered airgun which is below the GB threshold but over the NI limit of 1 Joule
The following are the key rules to the Banded System;
- The banded system only applies to the rifles and specific calibres listed in the bands.
- A Firearm Certificate (FAC) holder may exchange a rifle for another rifle if they are both in the same band.
- All muzzle loading rifles and prohibited weapons are excluded.
- The replacement rifle being taken onto the certificate must not be the same calibre as a rifle already held on that FAC.The banded exchange system can only be used for rifles which are conditioned for quarry use or dual conditioned for quarry and target use. It cannot be used for rifles solely conditioned for target use.
- The rifle type/action may change in a banded transaction.
You can visit the DOJ website for further information by clicking here
Payment for the Banded System
Members of the public can exchange a firearm within a specific band (1-on-1-off transaction). Each transaction will cost £15. The £15 payment will be carried out electronically through the secure Government website, ‘GOV.UK Pay’ process. The following are the steps to making a successful payment.
- You will be able to access the 1-on-1-off form from PSNI Website.
- Complete the ‘One on / One off Application’ as displayed.
- This will take the applicant to the payment portal where they add their payment details and submit. Credit or debit cards accepted.
- If successful the applicant will receive an email with their details. This can be printed and brought to the dealer in order to complete the transaction. Alternatively, you can show the details on your smart phone.
- The dealer will process the transaction as they currently do and notify FEB with the relevant information. It is important that the form issued by the dealer to FEB captures the online transaction ID from the applicants purchase.
*Please note the One on / One off Application is a live beta test. This is part of a normal development process. If you experience any issues or have any feedback please contact us at: email@example.com