Please ensure that you have the most up to date browser before commencing your application form. If you need to update your browser or operating system then guidance is available on this to the right hand side of this page.
The application will not run / complete if you are running Internet Explorer version 9 as it is an un-supported (outdated) browser.
Before you begin your Cancellation application, please make sure that you have read the Guidelines for completing a Cancellation application - these can be found to the right hand side of this page.
You must also have the following information to hand before you begin your application:
- Your PID number
- Your FAC number
- A valid email address
- A valid contact number
- An image of the first page of your Firearm Certificate (FAC)
- If you are disposing of a firearm(s) to a Dealer then you will need the Dealers note, and the full name and address details of the Dealer
- If you are disposing of a firearm(s) to a person inside Northern Ireland you will need the following information:
- If they already hold a Firearm Certificate you will need their PID number, their FAC number, and their full name. If they have already made a variation / regrant with variation application to hold your firearm, then you will need their application reference number. You will also need a letter of transfer.
- If they do not already have a Firearm Certificate you will need their full name. If they have already made an Initial Grant application to hold your firearm, then you will need their application reference number. You will also need a letter of transfer.
- Please be aware that in both these cases, that until the other person has submitted their application online, we will be unable to complete your cancellation.
- If you are disposing of a firearm(s) to a person outside Northern Ireland then you will need their full name, address and contact details, along with a letter of transfer
- If you are surrendering a firearm(s) to the PSNI for destruction, then you will need to have the M29 form that you were given by the PSNI when you surrendered your firearm(s). You will also need the serial number from the top right-hand corner of this form
- If you are no longer holding a firearm(s) on loan from someone, then you will need the PID number, the FAC number, and the full name of the original holder
- If you are disposing of a firearm(s) by another means then you will need to have a proof of transfer document, and the full name, address and contact details of the person you are disposing of the firearm to
Further information on firearms law may be obtained from the PSNI website at www.psni.police.uk/firearms.
If you require advice and guidance with completing your online form then you can contact Firearms & Explosives Branch at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Firearms and Explosives Branch (FEB): 0800 7839899 Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm.
For all other queries please telephone the non-emergency number 101 between Monday – Friday 2pm – 4pm and ask for Firearms and Explosives Branch.