Please ensure that you have the most up to date browser before commencing your application form. If you need to update your browser or operating system then guidance is available on this to the right hand side of this page.
The application will not run / complete if you are running Internet Explorer version 9 as it is an un-supported (outdated) browser.
Before you begin your Initial Grant application, please make sure that you have read the Guidelines for completing an Initial Grant - these can be found to the right hand side of this page.
You must also have the following information to hand before you begin your application:
- A valid email address
- A valid debit/credit card
- A valid mobile phone number
- Your GP Practice name
- Landowner's details
- Target Club details and Club Official's details including email address & mobile number
- Other Club details and Club Official's details including email address & mobile number
- Image of club membership card
- Details of the firearm(s) you wish to apply for
- Any previous firearm owner's details (if applicable)
- Dealer's business name, email address and image of dealer's note of sale (if applicable)
- Your photograph to upload - (please ensure that your photpgraph is similar to the passport standard, i.e. full face without a hat. Photos should be taken against a plain background, and where possible without items visible in the background. Unsuitable images could result in your application being delayed or rejected)
- Prior permission to use your two referees (please also ensure that they will be available within the next seven days to complete the referee verification process once you have submitted your application)
- Your Referee details* including their email address, mobile telephone number & date of birth.
* All Referees, including Target Referees must be unique within an application.
- Your Parent/Guardian details including their mobile number and email address (if you are under 18 years of age)
Further information on firearms law may be obtained from the PSNI website at www.psni.police.uk/firearms.
If you require advice and guidance with completing your online form then you can contact Firearms & Explosives Branch at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Firearms and Explosives Branch (FEB): 0800 7839899 Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm.
For all other queries please telephone the non-emergency number 101 between Monday – Friday 2pm – 4pm and ask for Firearms and Explosives Branch.