Please ensure that you have the most up to date browser before commencing your application form. If you need to update your browser or operating system then guidance is available on this to the right hand side of this page.
The application will not run / complete if you are running Internet Explorer version 9 as it is an un-supported (outdated) browser
Before you begin your Variation application, please make sure that you have read the Guidelines for completing a Variation - these can be found to the right hand side of this page.
You must also have the following information to hand before you begin your application:
- A valid email address
- A valid debit/credit card
- A valid mobile phone number
- Your GP practice name
- Your current Firearm Certificate (FAC)
- A copy of the 'Firearms and ammunition' page of your FAC which contains any ammunition purchases (used to assess good reason)
- Landowner's details
- Target Club details and Club Official's details including email address and mobile number
- Other Club details and Club Official's details including email address and mobile number
- Image of club membership card
- Any previous firearm owner's details if you are acquiring a firearm from another person
- Details of new owner if you are transferring a firearm to another person
- Dealer's business name, address and image of dealer's note of sale if you are acquiring a firearm from a dealer
- Your target referee details including their email address, mobile telephone number and date of birth. * All Referees including target referees must be unique within an application.
- Your Parent / Guardian details including their mobile telephone number and email address (if you are under 18 years of age)
Further information on firearms law may be obtained from the PSNI website at www.psni.police.uk/firearms.
If you require advice and guidance with completing your online form then you can contact Firearms & Explosives Branch at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Firearms and Explosives Branch (FEB): 0800 7839899 Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm.
For all other queries please telephone the non-emergency number 101 between Monday – Friday 2pm – 4pm and ask for Firearms and Explosives Branch.