It is an offence for anyone to knowingly or recklessly make a false statement in order to obtain the grant or variation of any certificate, either for themselves or someone else (Article 73 Firearms (NI) Order 2004).
Once an applicant has completed the verification section of the form, where a referee is required, the stated referee(s) will receive an email to notify that they are required to complete their verification. This email will contain the Application Reference Number, which will be required to complete the referee verification process.
- The referee has up to 7 days to complete their verification; if not completed within this time frame, the application will be cancelled and an automatic refund issued.
- To avoid the cancellation of an application, if the referee has not completed the verification section 3 days following the applicant’s submission, a reminder email will be sent to the referee.
- A further email reminder will be sent on Day 6 if verification has still not been completed.
- The application will be cancelled and automatically refunded if it has still not been completed on Day 7.
Further information on firearms law may be obtained from the PSNI website at www.psni.police.uk/firearms.
If you require advice and guidance with completing your online form then you can contact Firearms & Explosives Branch at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Firearms and Explosives Branch (FEB): 0800 7839899 Monday – Friday 10am-12pm & 2pm-4pm.
For all other queries please telephone the non-emergency number 101 between Monday – Friday 2pm – 4pm and ask for Firearms and Explosives Branch.