The term ‘Firearm’ is defined as a lethal barrelled weapon of any description from which any shot, bullet or other missile can be discharged.
This includes any:
- Prohibited weapon, whether it is such a lethal weapon or not.
- Component part of such a lethal or prohibited weapon.
- Accessory to any such weapon designed or adapted to diminish the noise or flash caused by firing the weapon.
‘Component Part’ in relation to a firearm means –
- Barrel, chamber or cylinder.
- Frame, action, body or receiver.
- Breech block, bolt or other mechanism for containing the pressure of discharge at the rear of the chamber.
- Part of a firearm which directly bears the pressure caused by firing.
In Northern Ireland airguns and CO2 guns having a discharge kinetic energy in excess of one (1) Joule (0.737 ft lbs) require to be held on a Firearm Certificate.
|Grant of a Firearm Certificate||£98.00|
|Variation by Chief Constable||£30.00|
|Variation by Firearms Dealer under Article 11(3) to substitute firearm||£15.00|
|Variation by Firearms Dealer under Article 11(5) to delete firearm||No Fee|
|Museum Firearms Licence|
|Grant of a Museum Firearms Licence (by the Department of Justice)||£110.00|
|Extension to additional premises||£75.00|
|Visitor's Firearm Permit|
|Grant of Visitor's Firearm Permit (except where paragraph 810 applies)||£16.00|
|Grant of six or more permits (taken together) on a group application||£80.00|
|Certificate of approval for airgun for resident in Great Britain|
|Certificate of approval for airgun for resident in Great Britain||£11.00|
|Firearms Dealer's Certificate|
|Grant or renewal of firearms dealer's certificate||£300.00|
|Firearms clubs and Shotgun clubs|
|Authorisation of firearms club||£71.00|
|Authorisation of a shotgun club to allow the use of shotgun by persons 12 or over but under 16 except where the shotgun club is also a firearms club and authorisation under Article 19 is granted at the same time||£71.00|