October 03, 2022 | Police/Staff Misconduct and Complaints
Reference: FOI - 2022 - 01519
Please provide the current number of allegations against a police officer or member of police staff employed by the force in the following categories:
1. Domestic Abuse as described by the CPS: “physical or sexual abuse, violent or threatening behaviour, controlling or coercive behaviour, economic abuse and psychological, emotional, or other abuse.”
2. Sexual offences including rape, sexual assault, any form of child sexual abuse.
3. Abusive behaviour, either sexual or domestic which falls short of potential criminality, but can be considered misconduct according to The Police (Conduct) Regulations 2020 Schedule 2, Standards of Professional Behaviour.
Please provide the following historical information
1. The numbers of allegations as set out above made in the period May 2019 to May 2022
2. The number of allegations resolved during this period
For the period May 2019 to May 2022 provide the number of officers or staff:
3. Retired During Investigation
4. Subjected to Disciplinary Action of Another Type