September 28, 2022 | Serious and Organised Crime
Reference: FOI - 2022 - 00020
Please could you provide us with a list of all female victims of homicide killed between 1 January
2021 and 31 December 2021 (inclusive) which your authority has been responsible for investigating
and, for each victim:
1. the date of the homicide;
2. the names of the victims and the accused / perpetrator;
3. the age of the victim;
4. the ethnicity/race of the victim;
5. the relationship between the accused and the victim;
6. the sex of the accused / perpetrator;
7. the ethnicity/race of the perpetrator;
8. if identified, the way in which the victim was killed;
Also, if possible, we would appreciate the following information.
9. whether there were any previous reports from the victim (or any third party) regarding the accused
/ perpetrator; and
10. whether there were any previous reports and / or convictions of any other offences related to
violence against women perpetrated by the accused / perpetrator.
However, if you are unable to provide information on points 8 and 9, please provide information on
the first seven points only.
I understand that at times, information we request is already available in the public domain. However,
to ensure information in the Femicide Census is robust, verifiable and useful in turn as a learning tool
for the police, we kindly ask that your force provides us with the information directly, without
redirecting us to news sites or weblinks.
Further to this, please note it is not possible nor correct to establish the race/ethnicity of a victim from
publicly available information, such as news reports. I therefore kindly request that race/ethnicity is
always only provided by your force.