September 21, 2021 | Organisational Information
How many Prohibited Weapons (i.e. firearms specified as such under Article 45 of the Firearms (Northern Ireland) Order 2004) have PSNI Firearms & Explosives Branch granted permission to hold or varied a Firearms Certificate for and are currently held on a PSNI Firearms Certificate?
For each Firearms Certificate that has been granted or varied to allow a prohibited Weapon to be held, please supply this information by:
1. Firearm Certificate Holder type i.e. Registered Firearms Dealer, Museum, Business (e.g. Film prop supplier) Private Individual/Collector;
2. Type of Firearm (as per Article 45) e.g. Concealed Weapon, Machine Gun, Rocket Launcher etc.;
3. Calibre of each Prohibited Weapon;
4. Total type of each type of Prohibited Weapon on each FAC; and
5. Total of all types of Prohibited Weapons on each FAC Holders Certificates.
How do PSNI Firearms and Explosives Branch undertake:
1. Condition a Collectors Firearms Certificate to meet the requirements of under Article 45(2) of the Firearms
(Northern Ireland) Order 2004; and
2. What is the total number of such conditioned Collectors Firearms Certificates so conditioned.
The number of times the PSNI Firearms and Explosives Branch has indicated to the Firearms & Explosives Branch of the Northern Ireland Office that they had no objections / would support the NIO approval to hold a Prohibited Weapon and then have subsequently after the NIO has granted permission to hold a prohibited Weapon withdrawn such support or provided an objection including dates of approval / objection date and the reasons stated and the date the Firearms certificate holder was made aware of the grounds for objection by PSNI FEB i.e. increased threat to the individual or organisation , as outlined below:
1. Date PSNI FEB notified FEB NIO they had no objection to the Prohibited Weapon being held;
2. Type of Prohibited Weapon applied for;
3. Date the Grant or Variation Application for Prohibited Weapon received by PSNI;
4. Date FAC granted or varied;
5. Number of days between application for Grant / Variation; and date of approval or otherwise
6. Date PSNI FEB notified FEB NIO they had objections to the Prohibited Weapon being held;
7. Grounds cited for the objection to the Prohibited Weapons being held; and
8. Date PSNI FEB notified FAC holder of the grounds / concerns for the objection to the Prohibited Weapons being held i.e. increased threat to the FAC holder.
Details of PSNI Firearms & Explosives Branch’s;
1. Complaints Procedure; and
2. Appeals Procedure.
This request is in relation to the Number of Prohibited Weapons held on a PSNI Firearms Certificate or objected to being held on a PSNI Firearms Certificate once Section 45 Authority has been granted by the Secretary of State and does not seek PID or FAC numbers, FAC holders names or addresses or details of other non-Prohibited Weapons held on a PSNI Firearms Certificate.