September 29, 2021 | Policing Themes, Operations and Investigations
Does the PSNI have a General Risk Assessment (PSNIGRA) for the deployment of Police Dogs in Public Order Situations and if so, can it be available for public inspection?
Request 2 If the PSNI has such a document:
- Is it current?
- What dates is it effective from and to?
- And has it been ‘signed off’ by a Senior Rank and viewed/reviewed by the Police Federation for Northern Ireland, as counter signatory
What Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is the PSNI making available for Public Service dogs, deployed in Public Order situations?
PSNI Comm Sec Correspondence 5029-21 refers. It is stated that PSNI “experimented’ with “some equipment” in the past, this is not “fit for purpose”;
- What documentation is available?
- What equipment was trialled?
- And finally what correspondence / reports is available documenting this “experimentation”?