The Police Service of Northern Ireland motoring offence statistics are the main source of information used in Northern Ireland for monitoring the number of drivers / pedestrians detected for a motoring offence.
Information regarding what you should do if you receive a FPN can be obtained by looking at the Roads and Driving section of this website.
Monthly Publication, published 24 September 2020
- Motoring Offences 19/20 to 31 July 2020 Report (PDF, 577 KB)
- Accompanying spreadsheet (43 KB)
- Accompanying open document spreadsheet (26 KB)
Annual Publication, published 26 March 2020
- Motoring Offences 2019 Report (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Motoring Offences infographic (PDF, 489 KB)
- Accompanying spreadsheet (91 KB)
- Accompanying open document spreadsheet (42 KB)
Motoring offences documentation
- Motoring Offences User Guide (PDF, 883 KB)
- Full list of motoring offences (Excel, 40 KB)
- Full list of motoring offences (Open document spreadsheet, 24 KB)
National Statistics assessmentFollowing an assessment from the Office for Statistics Regulation (OSR) we have been awarded National Statistics status, which means that the motoring offence statistics fully comply with the Official Statistics Code of Practice and meet the highest standards of trustworthiness, quality and public value. The designation letter from the Director General for Regulation at the OSR was published on 10 March 2020 and can be viewed here.
- Motoring offences National Statistics assessment action plan 2019 (PDF, 75 KB)
- Motoring offences development plan 2020 (PDF, 76 KB)
- Motoring Offences QAAD assessment (PDF, 452 KB)
Drink and Drug Driving Statistics
- Annual Drink and Drug Driving report (PDF, 595 KB)
- Preliminary Breath Tests conducted in N Ireland, 2010-2019 (PDF, 410 KB)
- Accompanying spreadsheet (30 KB)
- Accompanying open document spreadsheet (14 KB)