The Police Service of Northern Ireland motoring offence statistics are the main source of information used in Northern Ireland for monitoring the number of drivers / pedestrians detected for a motoring offence.
Information regarding what you should do if you receive a FPN can be obtained by looking at the Roads and Driving section of this website.
National Statistics Assessment
The PSNI motoring offences statistics are currently undergoing assessment by the Office for Statistics Regulation (OSR) to determine if they fully comply with the Official Statistics Code of Practice and meet the highest standards of trustworthiness, quality and public value. Following an initial assessment and user consultation, OSR have proposed that if the following requirements are met in full, the statistics will be awarded National Statistics status. The action plan and the associated development plan below outlines how Statistics Branch proposes to achieve these.
As a user of the statistics, your views are paramount in terms of how we can best achieve these requirements and improve the product and service we offer. We would therefore greatly appreciate any feedback or ideas you may have on either the action plan or the development plan, which can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Motoring offences National Statistics assessment action plan 2019 (PDF, 75 KB)
- Motoring offences development plan 2020 (PDF, 76 KB)
- Motoring Offences User Guide (PDF, 883 KB)
- Motoring Offences QAAD assessment (PDF, 452 KB)
- Full list of motoring offences (Excel, 40 KB)
- Full list of motoring offences (Open document spreadsheet, 24 KB)
Monthly update, period ending 30 November 2019 (published 30 January 2020)
- Statistical bulletin (PDF, 574 KB)
- Accompanying spreadsheet (46 KB)
- Accompanying open document spreadsheet (26 KB)
Annual Publication, published 28 March 2019
Drink and Drug Driving Statistics
- Annual Drink and Drug Driving report (PDF, 595 KB)
- Preliminary Breath Tests conducted in N Ireland, 2010-2018 (PDF, 412 KB)
- Accompanying spreadsheet (30 KB)
- Accompanying open document spreadsheet (14 KB)