The Police Service of Northern Ireland statistics on injury road traffic collisions are the main source of information used in Northern Ireland for monitoring and tracking trends on the number of persons killed, seriously and slightly injured as a result of collisions on our roads.
The information is used widely within the PSNI and by other partner Agencies, to ensure that emerging problems are quickly identified and can be addressed through a combination of approaches including enforcement (PSNI), education (Road Safety through the Department for Infrastructure) or by engineering (Transport NI).
The figures on injury collisions collated by the PSNI for Northern Ireland are used alongside those for England, Scotland and Wales, to give the total figures of all such collisions for the UK. The statistics are also widely used by other NI government departments as well as in the media and academia.
Statistics Branch will make every effort to continue to update the Daily Fatal Report every day during the current COVID-19 situation. However, on occasion this may not be feasible, in which case the report will be updated as soon as possible thereafter, which is likely to be the next working day. Any queries should be sent to email@example.com.
Daily Fatal Update
- 2020 road traffic fatalities daily update (Excel, 79 KB)
- Provisional 2019 fatal casualties (Excel, 32 KB)
2019 Calendar Year Statistics, published on 27 March 2020
- 2019 Key Statistics Report (PDF, 753 KB)
- 2019 statistics spreadsheet of tables (Excel, 142 KB)
- 2019 statistics spreadsheet of tables (Open document spreadsheet, 31 KB)
2019/20 Monthly Update, published 31 January 2020
- November 2019 RTC monthly bulletin (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- November 2019 accompanying spreadsheet (Excel, 112 KB)
- November 2019 accompanying spreadsheet (Open Document spreadsheet, 22 KB)
2018/19 Financial Year Statistics, published on 24 May 2019
- 2018/19 Financial Year Road Traffic Collision Statistics (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- 2018/19 spreadsheet of tables (Excel, 161 KB)
- 2018/19 spreadsheet of tables (Open document spreadsheet, 36 KB)
2018 Detailed Trends Report, published 21 June 2019
- Detailed Trends bulletin (PDF, 4.5 MB)
- Accompanying spreadsheet (Excel, 228 KB)
- Accompanying spreadsheet (Open Document, 87 KB)
- Supplementary Tables spreadsheet (Excel, 70 KB)
- Supplementary Tables spreadsheet (Open Document, 49 KB)
Road Traffic Collisions - Headline Statistics, published on 29 March 2019
- Road Traffic Fatalities on Northern Ireland Roads since 1931 (Excel, 31 KB)
- Casualty Summary since 1931 (Excel, 35 KB)
- Casualties by road user type and severity 2007-2018 (Excel, 33 KB)
- Child casualties by road user type and severity 2007-2018 (Excel, 33 KB)
- Child Casualty Summary 1949 - 2018 (Excel, 34 KB)
- Road Traffic Collisions by causation factor and severity 2007-2018 (Excel, 33 KB)