The Police Service of Northern Ireland statistics on injury road traffic collisions are the main source of information used in Northern Ireland for monitoring and tracking trends on the number of persons killed, seriously and slightly injured as a result of collisions on our roads.
The information is used widely within the PSNI and by other partner Agencies, to ensure that emerging problems are quickly identified and can be addressed through a combination of approaches including enforcement (PSNI), education (Road Safety through the Department for Infrastructure) or by engineering (Transport NI).
The figures on injury collisions collated by the PSNI for Northern Ireland are used alongside those for England, Scotland and Wales, to give the total figures of all such collisions for the UK. The statistics are also widely used by other NI government departments as well as in the media and academia.
Daily Fatal Update
- 2017 road traffic fatalities daily update (Excel, 62 KB)
- 2016 road traffic fatalities provisional report (Excel, 89 KB)
2016 Calendar Year Statistics
- 2016 Key Statistics Report (PDF, 853 KB)
- 2016 statistics spreadsheet of tables (Excel, 113 KB)
- 2016 statistics spreadsheet of tables (Open document spreadsheet, 29 KB)
2015/16 Financial Year Statistics
- 2015/16 Financial Year Road Traffic Collision Statistics (PDF, 946 KB)
- 2015/16 spreadsheet of tables (Excel, 218 KB)
- 2015/16 spreadsheet of tables (Open document spreadsheet)
Road Traffic Collisions - Headline Statistics
- Road Traffic Fatalities on Northern Ireland Roads since 1931 (Excel, 31 KB)
- Casualty Summary since 1931 (Excel, 35 KB)
- Casualties by road user type and severity 2007-2016 (Excel, 33 KB)
- Child casualties by road user type and severity 2007-2016 (Excel, 33 KB)
- Child Casualty Summary 1949 - 2016 (Excel, 34 KB)
- Road Traffic Collisions by causation factor and severity 2007-2016 (Excel, 33 KB)