The purpose of the Financial Services Branch is to be a high performing / low cost finance function, harnessing new technology to deliver professional financial services and advice, enabling the Police Service to keep people safe.
Financial Services Branch consists of the following Teams:
- Strategic Financial Management Team
- Financial Reporting & Accounting Team
- Accounts Office (including Procurement 2 Pay Unit)
- Payroll Office
- Pensions Office
- Internal Audit and Financial Systems (Governance & Assurance)
- Economic Advise
- Business Services
What We Do
PSNI receives funding of over £1.2bn. Financial Services Branch (FSB) is responsible for the co-ordination and oversight of this funding ensuring it is used effectively and efficiently, securing value for money for the public purse.
FSB prepare a medium term resource plan setting out financial plans for the coming four year period and liaise with the Northern Ireland Policing Board and the Department of Justice to secure funding for the Service to deliver the policing objectives of 'Keeping People Safe'.
FSB produce the Chief Constables Annual Report and Accounts, detailing the financial and performance outcomes for the previous year. Copies of the report can be accessed through the links below.
PSNI Annual Statement of Accounts
- PSNI Financial Statements for year ended 31 March 2017 (includes Chief Constable's Report).
- PSNI Police Pension Scheme Accounts for year ended 31 March 2017.
- PSNI Financial Statements for year ended 31 March 2016 (includes Chief Constable's Report).
- PSNI Police Pension Scheme Accounts for year ended 31 March 2016.
Analyses of planned Resource Expenditure and the Capital Budget are included in 'The Policing Plan' available to view from NI Policing Board NI Policing Board website.
Charging for Police Services
'National Policing Guidelines on Charging for Police Services' accessible via National Police Chiefs' Council National Police Chiefs' Council website.