Safe Shop provides business owners with specialised skills to help them prevent crime and keep everyone safe on their premises. It is provided by your local police and crime prevention officers at no cost.
The Safe Shop initiative provides retail and security staff with the knowledge and confidence to prevent crime and antisocial behaviour in their work place.
Police-led workshops will increase your general awareness of retail crime and you will receive specific training on:
• Your power to prevent someone entry to your premises
• Your power to remove them from your premises
• Behavioural indicators of possible offenders
• How to prevent incidents using high level engagement techniques,
• What to do if an offence occurs, including your powers of arrest.
So speak to your local police team or crime prevention officer about Safe Shop. Working together we can reduce your in-store losses, reduce business crime and help keep everyone safe.