Protect yourself from webcam blackmail
Anyone can the victim of sextortion blackmailers but there are steps you can take to prevent this type of crime from happening to you. Read our prevention advice below:
- Do not share intimate videos online.
- Do not get lured into compromising situations such as removing clothes or performing intimate acts online.
- Always remember that what goes online may well stay online.
- Be wary about who you invite or accept invitations from on social networking sites. Do not accept friendship requests from complete strangers.
- Update the privacy settings on your social networking accounts so only people you know can view your account.
- Do not include any sensitive, private or confidential information in profiles.