We use social media to keep you informed about policing in your local area, appeal for information and provide crime prevention advice. It is also available for you to share your views, ask questions and engage with police.
You can help us create a safe environment for everyone on our social media channels by following these guidelines.
We will hide or delete, and if necessary, report any comments or messages that:
- bully, harass, intimidate or are discriminatory against any individual or organisation
- are unlawful, libellous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive\
- breach any of the terms of the social media platform
- contain advertising or promote services
- are spam
- discuss ongoing legal proceedings
Reporting a crime
We cannot take reports of crime on our social media channels.
In an emergency, call 999.