Skip to main content

Domestic Violence and Abuse Disclosure Scheme

The Domestic Violence and Abuse Disclosure Scheme (DVADS) enables a person (aged 16 or over) to make enquiries to the police where they are concerned that their partner, or the partner of someone that they know (such as a friend or family member), has a history of violence, abusive or controlling and coercive offending.

Learn more about the Domestic Violence and Abuse Disclosure Scheme.

Please note that this form isn't for reporting domestic abuse. If you need to do that, please report domestic abuse by calling police on 101 or 999 in an emergency. You can also contact us on the online reporting service.

Please confirm before proceeding

Please do not use this form to report a crime

For all emergencies, call 999.

An Incident/Crime is graded as an Emergency if the incident is in progress and in which there is, or is likely to be:

  • a risk to life
  • use or immediate threat of use of violence
  • serious injury caused to a person
  • serious damage caused to property
  • an offender is disturbed at the scene, or has been detained and poses, or is likely to pose a risk to other people

For non emergency, call 101.

The person you feel may be at risk MUST live in Northern Ireland