The Police Service of Northern Ireland is committed to providing the best possible service to the public in relation to the investigation of road collisions.
However, the Police Service does not investigate road traffic collisions on behalf of insurance companies.
Our primary role is:
• To protect the scene from further collisions.
• To ensure the injured are treated.
• To ensure the free flow of traffic.
• To arrange the recovery of vehicles where appropriate.
• To investigate the collision to determine the cause and whether offences have been committed.
• To provide assistance to those in need at this stressful and sometimes traumatic time.
• To investigate on behalf of the coroner in fatal collisions.
• To ensure safe custody of personal belongings when required.
If you require specific information relating to a collision, call the Police 101 and ask for “OCMT” in the area where the collision occurred.