It is easy for a burglar to break into a poorly lit property, so good lighting is very important.
If a building is well lit up it is less likely that a thief or burglar will break into the property. Good lighting not only makes it safer for anyone working on the premises but can deter strangers from coming on site.
What can you do?
- Use plenty of lighting inside and outside the premises.
- Have good security lights installed outside.
- Get a light sensor system that switches on the light when movement is detected. You could use low wattage bulbs as a cost-effective way to light your building.
- Make sure signs and displays do not block windows or your line of sight.
- Light timers can be used to make the premises / home look occupied.
- Alley ways should be well illuminated to deter burglars.