The Police Service of Northern Ireland motoring offence statistics are the main source of information used in Northern Ireland for monitoring the number of drivers / pedestrians detected for a motoring offence.
Information regarding what you should do if you receive a FPN can be obtained by looking at the Roads and Driving section of this website.
Annual publication, published 31 March 2022
- Motoring Offences 2021 Report (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- Motoring Offences infographic (PDF, 717 KB)
- Accompanying spreadsheet (91 KB)
- Accompanying open document spreadsheet (47 KB)
Monthly publication, published 26 January 2023
- Motoring Offences to 30 November 2022 Report (PDF, 987 KB)
- Accompanying spreadsheet (36 KB)
- Accompanying open document spreadsheet (27 KB)
Motoring offences documentation
National Statistics assessment
Following an assessment from the Office for Statistics Regulation (OSR) we have been awarded National Statistics status, which means that the motoring offence statistics fully comply with the Official Statistics Code of Practice and meet the highest standards of trustworthiness, quality and public value. The designation letter from the Director General for Regulation at the OSR was published on 10 March 2020 and can be viewed here.
- Motoring offences National Statistics assessment action plan 2019 (PDF, 75 KB)
- Motoring offences development plan 2020 (PDF, 76 KB)
- Motoring Offences QAAD assessment (PDF, 452 KB)
Additional drink and drug driving statistics
- Christmas drink drive campaign bulletin 2022-23
- Preliminary Breath Tests conducted in N Ireland, 2010-2021 (PDF, 393 KB)
- Accompanying spreadsheet (30 KB)
- Accompanying open document spreadsheet (14 KB)